It’s hard to believe it’s that time again, June is right around the corner and we need to think about livestock entries for the Bottineau County Fair. We will be having our show on Saturday, June 15, starting with the pigs, lambs, goats at 8:00 am and the beef will start at 10:30 am. We will have two judges so that the show can run as smooth as possible.
We ask that all animals be on the Fair Grounds by 6:00 pm on Friday, June 14. Weigh-ins will begin at 6pm. We are having a ranch rodeo on Saturday afternoon and hope that all of you can stay and watch and maybe even attend the concert Saturday evening. There shouldn’t be a problem with hotel rooms this year so call the Super 8, the Coblestone Inn, or the Turtle Mt. Inn for hotel rooms.
Our entry fees this year are: $15 for beef and $10 for small animals. We will not be judging bulls, boars, or billies. We also do not have classes in the Junior Show for cow/calf pairs. ***NEW: *** I do want all registration in to me by June 10th so that our fair staff can set up pens. I do not want any entry money sent in the mail, tho. If you do no register ahead of time, registration fees will be DOUBLE. So, send me entries, don’t pay til you get to Bottineau. Entries not received by June 10th will be DOUBLE.
Feel free to give me a call with any questions or concerns. Jennie Lodoen 263-1016 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Livestock Rules
- All animals must be shown by their junior owner unless a junior has more than one animal in the ring at a time, in that case a substitute junior is allowed to exhibit the animal.
- All juniors must be 21 years old or younger on show day.
- We ask that no butt fans be used in our facilities so that we may maintain a safe environment for spectators.
- A t-shirt will be provided to all juniors and we ask that you wear them while in the show ring.
- We ask that all bedding be pulled away from the outside walls at least 5 feet so that we can have a quick clean-up for the horse pull the next morning.
- All entries can pick up their premiums in the form of cash, one hour following the show. No money will be mailed out.
- MORE PREMIUM MONEY TO BE PAID OUT THIS YEAR!!
Please make every effort to get your entries mailed ASAP so that we can organize our barns to accommodate everyone as neatly as possible. Any juniors that are eligible are invited and encouraged to join in the FFA show that will be held immediately following the 4-H show on Thursday and should talk to Jerry Wettlaufer upon arrival Wed. to enter the appropriate classes. Remember, the more the merrier. We look forward to seeing those of you who’ve been in Bottineau in the past and hope that we will have new faces as well. See you all on June 14!!
Entries should be sent to:
1421 104th St NW
Westhope, ND 58793